Wednesday 17 April 2013

Poems from Yorkshire 2004

I see cows munching on the grass
I hear chattering folk and water flowing
I taste cheese sandwiches washed down with tea
I smell fresh meadow grass
I feel I could stay here all day
I think I'll have to come back again

(unknown)





I see my friends around me
I hear the birds singing, the water tinkling
I taste my salty crisps and my coffee
I smell the green growing earth
I feel contentment
I think I am in utopia

by Dorothy




I see many happy faces today in spite of the rain
I hear singing in the bus, old songs because we are old
I smell the lovely soft air of the Yorkshire Dales
I feel this holiday has done me good
I think my week has flown with all different places I have been to and gazed with awe at these farms scattered all over the dales, as a city dweller I ask myself how can they live here? 
(unknown)

Additional photos can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment